Friday, May 08, 2015

Casting Crowns - Broken Together (Official Music Video)



Where have I been.....Broken.....I revert back to themes & music, that's what I feel in my soul, in my most deepest veins that run thru me.

This song is about being Broken together......but in my present, You can be Broken & be all alone....& this song can grab a hold of you...Who is truly complete, even w/someone....You need, I need to find me.....to be ok w/me....  
This song brings back many many memories & I have let someone know if this.  
My Journey has led me to be honest w/myself, w/my surroundings, w/my life...boy...does the truth hurt, but this is what I want, what I need...so w/this realization....I have alienated some friends(well maybe they weren't friends in the first place) & even some family...but I do have a good support team in my corner.....even some acquaintances have turned out to be the ones who are standing beside me.  Finding a Church has been helpful too, as I am trying to find my Spiritual road too.  

 can tell you one fact that I didn't even think would happen to be is getting over-whelmed.  I always attacked things to do, going out, work, whatever the task at hand was, I went full bore, not take into consideration, I am now much more aware of my surroundings, my past & this truth has stopped me in my tracks, so...an adjustment....like a saying I like to use...." We cannot direct the wind, but we can adjust the sails" -OR-  "I can't change the direction of the wind, but I can adjust my sails to always reach my destination."

My sails have been re-directed & I am grabbing hold & adjusting  my sails.
That's where this song has come into my life, right at the appropriate time.  

What do you think about when you look at me

I know we're not the fairy tale you dreamed we'd be
You wore the veil, you walked the aisle, you took my hand
And we dove into a mystery
(My fairy-tale was being married & having a family.  Which didn't last long & I believe that from that moment, that even did change my destination.  And a mystery it was......I have since re-connected w/him & thru his tragedy, we are talking.  My heart often aches for him, (not what you think) but, thru every negative comes positive & to have my heart feel completely healed after 20 years is a dream come true)
How I wish we could go back to simpler times
Before all our scars and all our secrets were in the light
Now on this hallowed ground, we've drawn the battle lines
Will we make it through the night?
(To go back w/the knowledge I have now or just to go back......simpler times...it's what I make of any situation, I can still have simpler times.....scars are forever, but again,it's what I make of the/that situation.  Battles lines, Battle scars....I was in control...and I wanted to make it thru the night, and I did)
It's going to take much more than promises this time
Only God can change our minds
Maybe you and I were never meant to be complete
Could we just be broken together
If you can bring your shattered dreams and I'll bring mine
Could healing still be spoken and save us
The only way we'll last forever is broken together
(You can be complete, w/honesty & communication, anything & everything is possible, oh how I have learned)
How it must have been so lonely by my side
We were building kingdoms and chasing dreams and left love behind
I'm praying God will help our broken hearts align
And we won't give up the fight
It's going to take much more than promises this time
Only God can change our minds
Maybe you and I were never meant to be complete
Could we just be broken together
If you can bring your shattered dreams and I'll bring mine
Could healing still be spoken and save us
The only way we'll last forever is broken together
Maybe you and I were never meant to be complete
Could we just be broken together
If you can bring your shattered dreams and I'll bring mine
Could healing still be spoken and save us
The only way we'll last forever is broken together
(Problems can be solved & resolved, trust me, I know this first hand.  Talk, communicate, be honest..not just w/yourse;f, but all others who are involved)

It's definitely a long walk, a wild ride, it's sometimes scary, dark, twist & turns & a quick/rash decision, may lead in not being able to turn back.....
A
My favorite move, as you can tell by my blog is The Wizard Of Oz.....my earliest memory was always the fact of the tight family bond...I could relate....I'm not from a big family but I always remember family being around.  Of course as we , or me, grow up, family moves & what was the nostalgic of all being around, now gone....my like Dorothy's journey to get home, I have never left.  

Now I know why.  Do I tell the world my truth?  Always feeling the closeness of family, to me now, doesn't hold true.
My one turn I could have taken, I didn't.  Call  me a scaredy-cat..... looking back, 
I'm not a big risk taker..I mean I did do somethings you wouldn't tell your parents...only your bestie.....
But here I am, that one step that I didn't take & my Broken-ness is first & foremost in my face.....but I have overcome that decision & I have no regrets..that took about a year to let-go.  
Feeling Broken, Damaged, Depressed are other traits I work on....like getting back into my Blog, getting back into music, into walking, swimming, reading & just getting out & about & feeling better, but w/my knowledge & my awareness s my Broken-ness will be left behind....maybe not forever, but a less of a presence on me & in my life.  I just didn't realize just how much my past does affect me today & my actions & how I react to other actions & situations.....
Here's to my awareness & my freedom....(I don't want to be that debbie-downer-just honest & aware)
So out of the wood-work I come....dusting off my cob-webs.....Happy TGIF!




No comments: