Monday, November 25, 2013

I've Gotta Be Me



Whether I'm right or whether I'm wrong
Whether I find a place in this world or never belong
I gotta be me, I've gotta be me
What else can I be but what I am

I want to live, not merely survive
And I won't give up this dream
Of life that keeps me alive
I gotta be me, I gotta be me
The dream that I see makes me what I am

That far-away prize, a world of success
Is waiting for me if I heed the call
I won't settle down, won't settle for less
As long as there's a chance that I can have it all

I'll go it alone, that's how it must be
I can't be right for somebody else
If I'm not right for me
I gotta be free, I've gotta be free
Daring to try, to do it or die
I've gotta be me

I'll go it alone, that's how it must be
I can't be right for somebody else
If I'm not right for me
I gotta be free, I just gotta be free
Daring to try, to do it or die
I gotta be me


Wow, an oldie, real oldie.......just hit me like a ton of bricks on my Saturday morning, trying to sleep in & have the wonderful migraine!

Being wrong doesn't mean you are wrong, I am learning...I believe this is how I will become old & wise, learning, educating myself & yes making as many boo-boo's as I possibly can!

Finding my place in the world, I don't think I will.  Being realistic.  The world is huge.....I have enough problems trying to drive to another city or state, let alone the world....
I do not want to be anyone else.

My life, My Journey.

Not that I truly want to be alone, I am ok w/me & my time & I right for me...someone else can't accept this fact, again, I am ok!

Yes, free...freedom...not just that I live in the U.S.A., home of the free, but in my own deep down inside, free......free of worries, free of stress, free from my demons.......& most, free from my past.  

It's the truth, what else can I do?  Take care of me, that's what!

Going back to my Journey, my "Yellow Brick Road" & "where blue birds fly over the rainbow & why can't I?"  
I can!











No comments: