Wednesday, November 25, 2009

Many Thanks!!!

Enjoy & Happy Happy Thanksgiving Day to all!!

Another year has come & gone & I can't shake my feelings. Missing someone you love very much, truly, always. ALways & forever, my dad, Edward W. Cobb is missed in my heart!!!

My all time favorite artist, Toby Keith, has done it again, and has a new song out in the memory of Wayman Tisdale. It a beautiful song for a great person.

In my eyes, so was my Dad. It's still strange & hard to imagine he hasn't been here walking around on this earth for the last(almost) 3 years.

Toby Keith
Cryin For Me

Got the news on Friday morning
But a tear I couldnt find
You should me how I am supposed to live
Now you should me how to die
I was lost til Sunday morning
I woke up to face my fear
While writing you this good bye song I found a tear

Im going to miss that smile
Im going to miss you my friend
Even though it hurts the way it ended up
Id do it all again

So play it sweet in heaven
Cause thats right where you want to be
Im not cryin cause I feel so sorry for you
I am cryin for me

I got up and dialed your number
Your voice came on the line
That old familiar message
I have heard a thousand times
It just said, sorry that I missed you
Leave a message and god bless
I know that you think I am crazy
But I just had to hear your voice I guess

Im going to miss that smile
Im going to miss you my friend
Even though it hurts the way it ended up
Id do it all again

So play it sweet in heaven
Cause thats right where you want to be
Im not cryin cause I feel so sorry for you
I am cryin for me

Oh

So play your upsidedown, left handed
Backward bass guitar
Ill see you on the other side superstar

Im going to miss that smile
Im going to miss you my friend
Even though it hurts the way it ended up
Id do it all again

So play it sweet in heaven
Cause thats right where you want to be
Im not cryin cause I feel so sorry for you
I am cryin for me

Im still cryin
Im cryin for me
Oh
Im still cryin





I am very fortunate to have my family. I am thankful, that even tho there is 10 & 8 yrs between me & my sisters, we are closer. We didn't when I was a younger brat, but, through it all, over the years, the arguments, my broken hearts,(these 2 sisters really didn't have the pleasure of that catagory--oh well)all the sister lectures of do's & don't, we (i feel) are close as close can be. I can turn to them & chat. (one adorable sister & i do have it out from time to time, but we just press on to the next topic)

Then there was Dad. Never telling me I told you so. Never telling me I was wrong, but maybe I could think about things differently. He made me think & work for my answer, teaching me never to give up & don't give up on myself. I am still learning his lessons to this day.

I could ramble, but all I can say is I miss him more & more every day!!!

Thanks Dad!! I am thankful you are my Dad!

2 comments:

Alyson & Ford said...

You said it beautifully!
Enjoy your Thanksgiving Day!

Alyzabeth's Mommy for 14 Months!

Melissa said...

Thanks Al......................................all my love!