Monday, November 16, 2009

It's been one year since a certain post 11-17-2008 to 11-17-2009

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!


I found an older post @ my sister's blog:


Monday, November 17, 2008
It is Official.... Mommy's Name Change!


Confession Time:
I kept my maiden name with only one vow of ever changing it. I told DH (maybe asked, reached an agreement) that I would take on his name if and when we had children. Truth told, DH has always supported my use of my maiden name. I always thought we would have kids and that I would eventually change it. As you know from the blog, we did not have additional kids. We enjoyed 23 years of DD and DS's lives and the large extended family that came with that blessing.

With the arrival of Alyzabeth came the time to make good on my word. I now have a Florida Drivers license with my maiden name as my middle name and my DH's last name.
I have conformed to society and have upheld my promise :) Next stop. Social Security.
It wasn't as traumatic as I thought it would be.

The funny thing is, everyone at the driver's license office all must be programed to congratulate new brides. Guess they didn't look at the marriage certificate date!! Twenty-three years late!

Here's to you BOTH & a life-time of joy, happiness & loads & loads of love!!!

1 comment:

Alyson & Ford said...

Thanks! You're too sweet!

Have a great Thanksgiving with ATW and in Waterville!

Alyzabeth's Mommy for 14 Months!