Sunday, August 23, 2009

Life's lessons--finding myself engulfed in music



I guess i just got lost being someone else,
I tried to kill the pain
But nothing ever helped
I left myself behind
Somewhere along the way
Hoping to come back around
and find myself some day
Lately I'm so tired of waiting for you
To say that it's OK, tell me please
Would you one time,
Let Me Be Myself
So i can shine,
with my own light
Let Me Be Myself
Would you Let Me Be Myself
Coz I'll never find my heart
Behind someone else
I'll never see the light of day
Living in this cell
It's time to make my way
Into the world i knew
And take back all of these times
That I gave in to you
Lately I'm so tired of waiting for you
To say that it's OK, tell me please
Would you one time,
Let Me Be Myself
So i can shine,
with my own light
Let Me Be Myself,
For a while
If you don't mind,
Let Me Be Myself
So i can shine,
with my own light
Let Me Be Myself
That's all i ever wanted from this world
Was to let me be me..
Please, would you one time,
Let Me Be Myself
So i can shine,
with my own light
Let Me Be Myself
Please, would you one time,
Let Me Be Myself
So i can shine,
with my own light
Let Me Be Myself,
For a while
If you don't mind,
Let Me Be Myself
So i can shine,
with my own light
Let Me Be Myself

Positive vs Negative
Life experiences:

When someone is in your life for a reason, it is usually to meet a need you have expressed outwardly or inwardly. They have come to assist you through a difficulty, to provide you with guidance and support to aid you physically, emotionally, or spiritually. They may seem like a godsend, and they are.


They are there for the reason, you need them to be. Then, without any wrong doing on your part or at an inconvenient time, this person will say or do something to bring the relationship to an end. Sometimes they die. Sometimes they walk away. Sometimes they act up or out and force you to take a stand.


What we must realize is that our need has been met, our desire fulfilled; their work is done. The prayer you sent up has been answered and it is now time to move on.

When people come into your life for a season, it is because your turn has come to share, grow, or learn. They may bring you an experience of peace or make you laugh. They may teach you something you have never done. They usually give you an unbelievable amount of joy. Believe it! It is real! But, only for a season!

Lifetime relationships teach you lifetime lessons; those things you must build upon in order to have a solid emotional foundation. Your job is to accept the lesson, love the person or people (any way); and put what you have learned to use in all other relationships and areas of your life. It is said that love is blind but friendship is clairvoyant. Of all the words of tongue or pen, the saddest are these... it might have been.

Thank you for being a part of my life.


"Lifetime relationships", I feel can be anyone, anywhere, any experience.

So I am rummaging through my past--why you ask--well, first off, I had an unexpected invite out last nite, so I took it up, what the heck, something to do & I hadn't been to this place in a long time, so I went to Old Orchard Beach.
While out, enjoying this gal's company & catching up, in walks apart of my past.
He looked surprised to see me, well yes, it's been 5/6 yrs since we have seen each other, and thanks to FB, we have re-connected that way.(i thought that's kinda neat--)

So out of his mouth is "Wow, long way from home aren't you, Gray is a long drive to be out?" Ok, how do I read that? Even my friend, said ok, not even "Hi, how are you?" I guess typing this incident is different, but really had you heard his voice, very strange, like I am not suppose to have a life or go out? I said in response "Bite Me!" (one of my fav saying's--like "whatever")
This has gotten me to thinking, that is is time to clean out the "closets" and walk away.
I guess I expect friend to greet each other w/smiles and nice comments.
Even his facial expressions were weird.
All in all, honesty, his face spoke all the words, I think he was thinking, "wow, she's out & really & I did wrong by her--"
I felt empowered w/this situation, enough said, I don't need to need to have "all" these friends or past friends in my current life.
Yes I must admit, it's nice to say we can all be friends, but, nah, not this time!

My ramblings, what I am saying is that, yes, I believe that people do walk into your life, for a reason, specific or not, but when they leave, it is for the right reason too.

Life lesson learned, once again,the Melissa way, the hard & heart-breaking way!




Another summer day
has come and gone away
In Paris or Rome...
but I wanna go home
...uhm Home
may be surrounded by
a million people I
still feel all alone
just wanna go home
I miss you, you know

And I've been keeping all the letters
that I wrote to you,
Each one a line or two
I'm fine baby, how are you?
I would send them but I know that it's just not enough
My words were cold and flat
And you deserve more than that

Another aeroplane, another sunny place,
I'm lucky I know
but I wanna go home
I got to go home

Let me go home

I'm just too far from where you are
I wanna come home


And I feel just like I'm living
someone else's life
It's like I just stepped outside
when everything was going right
And I know just why you could not come along with me
This was not your dream
but you always believed in me...

Another winter day
Has come and gone away
in either Paris or Rome
and I wanna go home
Let me go home

And I'm surrounded by
A million people I
still feel alone
Let me go home
I miss you , you know

Let me go home
I've had my run
baby I'm done
I gotta go home

Let me go home
it'll all be alright
I'll be home tonight
I'm coming back home"

3 comments:

Alyson & Ford said...

You've always been happy to keep old friends and think everyone is in the same position in life to be happy for others. Which is not the case.

Sorry you encountered the past that was not ready for the present. Take care.

Alyzabeth's Mommy

Melissa said...

I know I am like that. Shame on you once for hurting me & shame on twice for letting that person back into me life--
You didn't have the "pleasure" of meeting this liar, cheater & drunk--I am much better off!!
This "past" has no priveledges in my future!

xxoo
mel in hot, humid Maine! (and lovin' it!)

Melissa said...

I meant "shame on ME twice" for letting that person back into me life--I knew better!