Sunday, August 02, 2009

Did the "TOURIST" thing today 8-2-2009

Cuz CR & I did the tourist thing & look what we found in Portland, The Coast Guard, The Eagle. BEAUTIFUL ship!




What a big, tall ship! It's it the tallest!!! This is a training ship & CR's oldest was in the Coast Guard & was on this ship back in 1980/1981.















All I know, walking around the ship, all of a sudden I felt it move & my stomach did the same. I can't believe just how much my stomach has changed & that it can NOT tolerate rides or this swaying! I do not have sea legs!













There she is, Calvin, trying to take over the boat & wanting to drive it!















And here I am trying to get to the flag!











WOW, BIG, Tall, Makes me dizzy!!



















Everything on the ship is super-sized!!!












Again SUPER-SIZED steering wheel--This is what little CR wants to do--yea, I wanna watch her try. I think the write up next to the wheel states it takes six men to turn them!








My feet look very tiny compared to the rope that holds the boat docked!












Their dinning room, puts mine to shame--ya think!!! All the detail & oak & just amazing!











I am deathly afraid of heights, but, given the opportunity, I would climb this, just buckle me into something, pretty please!




















A grand day meeting The Eagle!

2 comments:

Alyson & Ford said...

Wow, I didn't know you got to actually go on the ship! Amazing!

Alyzabeth's Mommy

dyana said...

very interesting.....
Good post.....
Great blog.....
Every one should read this once.....
Thanks for sharing.....
___________________
Dyanadevis
Online Marketing of your brand