Saturday, December 20, 2008

December 21, 2006


"Ba-Hum_Bug" would be the words I would hear from my Dad, with a smile too.
Two years ago today he started his new journey & passed from my family onto his family from time past.

Here is to EWC & his heritage!!!
Dad lives on with My Mom and his three daughters.




Dad always loved Christmas. For Dad, I will continue to Love Christmas too, however, Christmas will never be the same.


I miss this famous words from him & Ba-Hum-Bug. I miss doing our stockings in the morning.
I miss the huge camera lites he would use to video us all in years past.
I miss the "you shouldn't have" when he opens your gift.
I miss him tossing the rolls from one end of the table to the other. In years past that was done by Dad & Papa, mostly @ Thanksgiving, but still remembered @ Christmas.
I miss his jokes with me.
I miss him even yelling at me to smarten up.
I miss seeing him plow. I miss seeing him clearing off a place on the frozen lake so we could skate. And then hear him curse to try & get the snowblower back up the hill.
I miss seeing him play cribbage w/my son & all the language that followed if he lost to ATW.
I miss sitting w/him & just talking about nothing or even topics that were important. I would run to him for advice about boys, cars, everything. His soft soothing laid back voice always made me feel special & I don't feel that anymore.
I know he is watching me & laughing @ Mom & I as we try to do what he did. Between things breaking down or anything that fails, I know he is teaching me to be strong & smart. But I know he is laughing too!!!!!

I miss him as a person and all that he was to others and as an individual & all he stood for.
I just miss my Dad.


My sister in Florida also mentioned these items:

What about the chocolate malt balls he would hoard? Oh my yes......you'd have to distract him to take a few....

I miss playing horseshoes in the summer; we would watch him and friends play for hours. Yes, and the words that flew like the horse shoes! haha I could never lift one up & throw it, too heavy, but Dad would be right there.

I miss the hours he would take me water skiing (I was a brat about that!). And I would be the one swimming after the dropped skies or be in the boat spotting//watching you try & go barefoot or do tricks!!!

I miss him taking me to Uncle Ormie's farm on Saturday mornings. Oh yes & the hens that would go after my bare legs & Dad would pick me up.

I remember the first time he taught me to use the push lawn mower. Hey my first time was here @ the lake & he went inside not daring to watch! I know he is still closing his eyes while I use "HIS" John Deere to now mow!

I miss the rides home; taking the scenic route! He hated stop lites, but boy I learned alot on those rides! Short-cuts too!

So many memories for a lot of people!! I love hearing about Dad!


What I do believe is that he is my shining star watching over us all.

1 comment:

Alyson and Ford said...

Beautiful writing! Thank you!

What about the chocolate malt balls he would hoard?
I miss playing horseshoes in the summer; we would watch him and friends play for hours.
I miss the hours he would take me water skiing (I was a brat about that!).
I miss him taking me to Uncle Ormie's farm on Saturday mornings.
I remember the first time he taught me to use the push lawn mower.
I miss the rides home; taking the scenic route!

Merry Christmas!
Alyson