Saturday, May 31, 2008

Thunderstorms & Memories


While @ my BF's overnite, weather-folk stated that we'd get a few t-storms. So we woke this Saturday am to a huge clap of Thunder. Yes, I admit this, I hate them, especialy when they give no warning so I always jump!
Yes, I understnad all the logic w/these storms & can be @ home & feel good & can sit & watch them over the lake. However, the thought of my driving home in a storm, ah, not my favorite drive, and yes I love to drive...............FAST!!!





Years ago, my Dad, taught me to think of the Angels bowling. Yes, we are a bowling(well were)family. Think of the start of the storm as the Angels are getting ready. The smaller the sound the less pins that fell. The largest clap of thunder meant a strike & the more thunder the more strikes the Angels got & the higher the score!
Okay, makes sense.

So the next time you are in the middle of a storm, thinking of the balls traveling down the lane & hitting the pins!!!

Helps me, knowing Dad is doing one his favorite past times w/his Dad & Best Friend-CE.


Even after any storm, no matter what kind of storm, you'll always have your relief & your rainbow!

2 comments:

Alyson & Ford said...

I had forgotten that - yep, bowling in heaven!
And you need a rain storm in order to get a rainbow!

Alyson

Melissa said...

Well, I meant any storm, like my life.......