Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Stolen, once again, from my sister, who rec'vd this from our Mom

Maine's motto -- "The Way Life Should Be" Whomever ever came up w/that saying should be shot, especially after(well not quite over yet--another wet, freezing snow storm due in tomorrow, Wednesday! Yet another saying "it aint over til the fat lady sings")the winter of 2007/2008............tell me why again I am still in Maine & NEVER took up my sister's invite to move to Florida! Maybe we should shot me!


This is by a seventy-four-year-old lady who lives in Acton, Maine.

Why I Love Maine...

It's winter in the state of Maine
And the gentle breezes blow,
Seventy miles an hour,
At fifty-two below.
Oh, how I love the state of Maine
When the snow's up to your butt.
You take a breath of winter air
And your nose, it freezes shut.
Yes, the weather here is wonderful,
So I guess I'll hang around.
I could never leave the state of Maine...
'Cause I'm frozen to the ground!!!

3 comments:

Alyson & Ford said...

Great poem..... Sorry about all the bad weather.... we are having LOVELY spring weather.
Loved all the pictures, sounds like you have lots of fun with the Saint and kids.

Alyson

Alyson & Ford said...

Happy Easter!
Family plans this weekend?
Jump on a plane with Mom and come visit!
This will be a first in a very LONG time, not having Mom here for Easter and my birthday!

Alyson & Ford said...

Several people commenting on our blog thought my (our) Mom wrote it! Oh well.....

Alyson