Saturday, February 16, 2008

YAHOO!! WE HAVE POWER!!!



It's official, we are back in buisness & have power. Maine was hit once again w/more snow & this time what a doozy!! It was all wet & heavy & knocked out power lines thoughtout Maine. We lost it on Wednesday!
Mom has a generator that can also be hooked into my house. So, I had just heat & my fridge. Mom had the pump going, cold water, lites, her fridge & misc stuff. We made it thru. The first real storm without Dad's help. WE GIRLS DID IT!! YES WE CAN DO IT!! We are champs!!!


Now my brilliant idea is too keep all flashlites, batteries, matches & candles all together. I had candles together, but do you think I could even find a flashlite w/batteries, NOPE!! But we made it!
Pictures to follow. BF borrowed my camera to take pic's of his daughter during a cheering comptetion today.

3 comments:

Alyson & Ford said...

So glad you are out of the dark ages. I am glad you stayed with Mom.
Yep, you'all are very capable women. Mom was the one who taught me I could be or do anything I wanted to do.

Alyson

Alyson & Ford said...

Get your seatbelts buckled - the Daytona 500 is tomorrow and Jr. is a favorite (always has been, but this year he has already shown that a little more money can make a difference).
We will be in front of our TV's even though being there would have been better.

Alyson

Melissa said...

Heck what do you mean, Mom made me do it whether I liked it, wanted to or not wanting to do what she wanted me to do.....ok, that was confusing! hahaha