Sunday, December 23, 2007

Ok, once again, I am "stealing" or "borrowing" whatever you call it, I didn't ask



This is from my sister's blog: alyzabethan.blogspot.com as she remembered our Dad on Friday 21, 2007. She is the best sister/daughter of all. Always being extremly thoughtful in all. Even thinking first. My mouth just ramble over.....
As I didn't actually call our Mom, I live next door, I did see her, but I didn't even bring up Dad. I mean Mom said "LOOK AT MY ROOF!!" Yes very delighted that she was very happy w/the work done!! I love to see her smile & be happy & upbeat!! Especailly when she, that I see, has a hard time calling on folk to help, she always relied on Dad.
Love you AC!!!!!!


Saturday, December 22, 2007
Remembering Yesterdays
Yesterday (Friday) was a sad day. It will always begin with the memories of my Dad who passed one year ago. I dreaded calling my Mom as I get weepy at the drop of a hat. We did talk and didn't fall totally apart.

My Mom did have a happy story to tell, one that didn't involve a contractor ripping off a widow. You see, my Dad did all the repairs and handy-man chores around the house. So when the roof needed shoveling due to the large amount of snow and the expectation of more snow and freezing rain in the next few days, my Mom was searching her brain for someone she could call. She remembered a distant friend who had a construction company. So she took a chance and called, he was glad to refer her to his grown nephew who did snow plowing and those type of jobs during the winter. The nephew agreed to come and give my Mom an estimate. He called my Mom while she was getting off work and said he was at her house. Here's the short story; he shoveled off the entire house and garage roofs, shoveled the pathways and the pathway to the fuel tank, cleared off the decks and spoke to my Mom in a very nice, very respectful manner. He even took time to tell stories about my Dad that his Dad had told him. And then he gave my Mom an unbelievably low price for doing all the work. What a blessing to have a happy story on a day that she needed some cheering.

4 comments:

Alyson & Ford said...

Every day is a good day with our memories.
You are too much, too much flattery.....
Keep up all your good works!
Merry Christmas!

Alyson

Melissa said...

You two are the best.......very much like Dad, always always thinking of others!
Love!

Alyson & Ford said...

Merry Christmas!!! Be cheery, be thankful, be happy, be blessed....

Alyson

Melissa said...

Oh I am.............